Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oliver Malcolm is here!

I'm sorry for the slow updates but i've only just got home from hospital about an hour ago!
Oliver Malcolm was born on 22/05/08 at 15:44 weighing 2.03kg
He's in the NICU still but is now on CPAP which means he is breathing on his own but a machine is just giving him a little support. He's had a rough start giving us a few scares! But we seem to have turned the corner now on the right road to recovery. I've been able to hold him twice too which has been so nice and helped me bond with him, the second time was kangaroo care where you have the baby on your chest skin to skin which I must admit was the most amazing feeling in the world!
They started to give him some of my milk starting 1ml every 4 hours through an NG tube into his stomach last night apart from his glucose drip this is the first thing he's had feed wise so hopefully this will help his recovery and give him the strength he needs to fight :)
I promise to get some pictures up here later i've got my new phone now so need to work out how to do it.
I will keep you all updated it will be easier now i'm home.

1 comment:

Marjolein said...

Welcome home sweetie!!!

Can't wait to see more pictures.

You can sleep in your own bed now!

Big hug