Friday, May 30, 2008

AM Update

Morning,
I hope you enjoyed the photo's - if you missed them look below! I finally worked out how to get them across and it wasnt me being thick it was the adapter to put the micro SD into to make it into an SD card size was faulty! Anyway thats all sorted now so i'll be able to update with photos from now on :)
I wanted to say a MASSIVE thank-you to everyone for their kind words prayers cards gifts and support, i will get round to thank-you all individually but I just wanted to let you know we do really really appreciate it just don't have alot of time at the moment as i'm sure you can imagine. Thank god i'm expressing my milk for Oliver as that is the only time I actually get to sit down rest and get online at the moment!
Oliver is doing amazingly well now he's really turned the corner now and we're on the right road. Oliver has been off CPAP and oxygen since 10am 29/5 and is maintaining his sats and his blood gases are good! He has been moved out of Neonatal Intensive Care and into the Neonatal High Dependancy unit! He is still on his glucose drip but slowly weaning down and slowly increasing his milk down his NG tube we need to get up to 13.5ml per hour and when I left him this morning at 10 he was on 7ml per hour so we're getting there.
His jaundice has cleared up alot. He's still having a few episodes whe his heart rate and oxygen level dips really quite low for a few seconds but he recovers from there well and just needs a little bit of stimulation to remind him the machines arn't doing it all for him anymore!
Yesterdat afternoon Ed and I went up while mum had abi we washed him and changed his nappy it was nice to get some quality time together with my two boys we both got to hold him too which was amazing thats the first time Edward has held him.
I popped up again in the evening with mum which was nice but i'm pretty tired now so actually going to lay down for half hour I think, everything else will have to wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy for you sweetie!!! Such a relief to hear that Oliver is doing well now and that you can get to hold him for some lovely snuggles. Well done on expressing, I'm sure that must be helping him lots too. Massive hugs xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

P.S He is gorgeous!!! Thanks for all the photos :o) xxx