Thursday, May 15, 2008

Alot Happier

How can you not be happier when you wake up to this every monring :)

I'm sorry if I came across selfish yesterday to you all on here and on msn I was just so disapointed!

I didn't sleep too well last night but have done quite alot today and things are more sorted in my head.

On the day Ed, my mum and I will be going up to the hospital and Abi will be with Eds mum and his two sisters who she just adores!
Ed will be in theatre with me and mum will be there after so Ed can go across to the Maternity hospital with the baby and mum can stay with me until i'm stable enough to transfer across to the Maternity Hospital. So now thats all in my mind and I know where everyone will be thats a big weight off my mind.

The hospital rang today and Ed and I are going to the Maternity hospital on Saturday to meet the NICU staff and look around so I am happier about everything.

I'm ok this eve and looking forward to a nice weekend just the 3 of us the last one!!

Thanks to everyone for all their lovely words :)

4 comments:

Emmie said...

Dear Charlie, I think you should be incredibly proud of yourself for getting your wee boy to a fantastic 32 weeks! I know you'd have liked to have gone on longer but you've done everything that a Mummy could for him and now all he needs is a little extra care when he's born and before you know it all 4 of you will be home safe and sound. He sounds a really good weight as well - just think what you have achieved for him!

I will be thinking of you so much on Thursday and hope that everything goes well for both of you. I bet Abi can't wait to be a big sister!

Take care and lots of love xxxx

Jayne said...

I agree with everything Emmie said and therefore it saves me typing more of the same!! (hehehe).

xxxx

Rebecca said...

Sending you lots of hugs. I can try and understand why you would want to do your absolute best for your little boy and keep him in as long as possible, but it is a huge achievement to have got him to 32 weeks, and to have grown him so lovely and big already, and the steroid injections will have helped as well.

They showed me around SCBU before Seren was born, and it really helped me to visualise it all a bit better and feel a bit more organised and in control.

They did think that she might have to spend quite some time there, but in the end, she was only there for 3 days, which wasn't too bad.

I bet Abi will adore her little brother, she's about the same age Seren was when Dylan was born, and it's so cute to see their relationship start to develop in the early months and years.

My fingers and toes are tightly crossed for you for Thursday, I hope all goes well and that both you and your precious boy do fabulously after the birth.

Big hugs!

Becky, Seren & Dylan xxx

Marre said...

Hey i heard from Marjolein that you got your baby boy. and very nice name too. congrats.im so happy for you and your family. i hope you getting better soon. hugs from Marie in Sweden