Thursday, June 26, 2008

5 weeks today

Pic 1 - My Sleeping angel
Pic 2- Abi and Daddy posing with the parrots
Pic 3 - Sloth
Pic 4 - Abi and Daddy looking at the Elephants





















Monday with Ed off on paternity leave we headed for a lovely family day out to Colchester Zoo. The last time we went was just after Christmas and it was bitterly cold so cold it hurts so it was alot more enjoyable and amazing to see the difference 6 months makes with Abi - she was asking so many questions and really taking it all in. She loved the monkeys the best so got a small soft monkey with magnetic hands to take home who has slept with her ever since. It was so lovely to have some quality family time. When we're at home we're always rushing round and doing chores and never sit down together so it was lovely.





















Tuesday we went out to lunch - back to the pub we went to that I blogged about near the end of my pregnancy when I was on o2 - what a difference this time I was walking without any oxygen and what was the other difference oh yeah I had a baby with me!! LOL It was lovely weather was gorgeous and both children were brilliantly behaved!



















Wednesday I had clinic it went really well.
FEV1 - 1.67 - 45%
FVC - 2.07 - 49%
Sats 94% on air
I'm amazed at how great at only 5 weeks post delivery my little squished lungs are doing!
My consultant was over the moon and happy for me to continue reducing my steroids which I am made up about!



















Thursday Abi had tumble tots this morning then we went to my cousins as they live right by tumble tots and still hadn't met Oliver. Abi played really nicely with her son Maceo. Then we had lunch with my friend Rachael and her daughter Millie and then spent the afternoon in the garden which was lovely.
The health visitor popped round to weigh Oliver and he's a whopping 5lb 9oz!! What a little star! He's been so good but scared the living day lights out of me today as has had a couple of episodes of going blue while feeding - i've been assured its ok and just keep an eye on it its just him forgetting to breathe while feeding. Abi and I have been making cakes all evening as its Eds birthday tomorrow so he can take them into work we make A choc fudge cake, double choc chip muffins and choc chip cookies! Should keep them going at work!
Right Oliver just woken up for a feed so got to dash. First night of getting him into his routine tonight he was bathed with Abi and went to bed in a dark room at 7 he's 5 weeks now so needs to get into a routine and realise the difference between night and day. Lets hope it means we get a little more sleep at night! Ed's birthday tomorrow so really looking forward to that! More than him I think!!

2 comments:

Chantelle said...

wow your blows are gr8, lets hope they stay like that! dont miss any meds hun, i know what will happen lol anyway hope your all ok, seems like you are. have you seen the london photos on mine? i cant upload them on facebook but matt has them all on his facebook if you wanna look? you can add him too if you like :)
xxxxxxxxxxx

Marjolein said...

I love that first pic of Oliver :-)

Congratulations to Ed again! You must have seen my message on msn too haha.

Lots of love, XXX