Friday, November 18, 2005

Bad News 18/11/05

Hi all,
Well I went to bed early last night all excited for my baby shower that was meant to be today 18/11/05. I fell asleep quickly as I had had a long day. I heard talking but I was in such a deep sleep I really didn't pay any attention, the next thing I knew mum had come in my room and turned the light on and came over - i'd slept through the phone ringing, steve's (my step dad) mum had phoned and his dad had suddenly passed away! So mum and steve were driving to Kent to go and be with his mum - who as you an imagine was in a state.
Mum told me to stay at home - but after being woken up and told something like that I couldn't go back to sleep. I was on the phone to Ed as I was worried that this could send me into premature labour!
Luckily he calmed me down and I watched Look who's talking too!
Mum and Steve got back with steve's mum Margaret at about 04.50am and I was wide awake again until about 06.30am this morning sorting things out.
It is very stressful around here at the moment as there is so much to sort out - all that we have been through already in may this year when dad died!
I have cancelled my baby shower this evening in respect - as none of us are really in the mood for celebrating the baby with this sad news.
Margaret is going to be staying with us for a while as understandably she doesn't want to be in the house on her own. That was where she came in and found him last night when she had gone out for an hour.

But on another note apart from being totally shocked baby bump and I are doing fine - a little tired as not alot of sleep was had last night. I just wanted to update everyone to let them know what was going on.
It will also take the hassle out of me having to go through it with everyone.
Thanks for reading
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im so sorry for you hun. iv gone anonymous as i dont thk im the best person to be saying this. anyway all my love is with you and the baby bump xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kiera said...

Sorry to hear things are difficult.
Found your blog at random by going to the next blog etc... but will check in every so often.
Best wishes.