Saturday, February 21, 2009

Center Parcs 15-21 February 2009 Part 1

Wow what a week!!

We've had a lovely time and are currently about an hour from home so I thought i'd use this time to update you seen as Ed is driving! It is quite sureal driving along the moterway sat on msn and the internet!

After my last stay in hospital my lovely Uncle brought me a mini laptop with 3g card and contract so that when i'm in hospital I can still stay in touch with the outside world and keep up with my ebaying :-) But also can use it times like this although not as necessary!

Well Friday 13th Feb mum spent the day with me at home helping with Abigail and Oliver as I was still pretty weak and tired from hospital, it was a nice relaxing day - Sainsbury's online delivered with all shopping for holiday and I did several loads of washing ready for holiday.

Saturday was a mamoth washing day getting everything we wanted for holiday washed dried and ironed. We popped into town in the morning and had a coffee where Uncle Anthony gave me my laptop - I was so taken a back by his generosity it was the best present ever! We got a few bits in town we needed and paid some money into the bank. We spent the rest of the afternoon sorting everything out and generally getting sorted. By the time the children were in bed I didn't feel like cooking and also needed to pop to sainsburys for a couple of bits for the holiday so I popped to Sainsbury's and on the way back got Ed and I a mac donnalds for dinner - very naughty but very nice!

Sunday morning we woke up and got ready for church - I decided seen as church is literally a 3-4 min walk it'd be easier to put both children in double buggy and walk than geting them both in and out of car and thought I was up to it - how wrong was I I was also running a bit late as always for 9am mass so ended up having to walk quite fast - by the time we got there I could hardly catch my breath and felt sick an dizy was rather told off by mummy!! The walk home wasn't as bad as was no rush and I could take my time and lean on pushchair. I then got Abi and I some breakfast when we got in and did the final bits of ironing for the holiday. She then went over to Ed's mum's to play while I got on with the packing. First I went to get car cleaned inside and out so it was all nice for the long drive, took Oliver with me he was really good. When I got back I set to packing everything into the cases and packing the kitchen bits up and organsing the overnight bag separate from the main cases so we wouldnt have to unpack everything when we stopped over that night. We finally got everything packed and ed loaded it all into car had some lunch and set off around 5pm - we'd aimed to leave at 2!! We had a good drive stopped for some dinner at a serviced at around 7pm but there was only burger king which I didnt really fancy after having maccy d's the night before but didn't have much choice, the microwave to heat babyfood didn't work either so poor Oliver ended up having freezing cold dinner!! We finally got to travellodge just before 10pm Abi was so good watching her dvd the whole way but didn't fall asleep until 9.30pm which was the worst possible time as we had to wake her 25 mins later when we arrived so she was really upset and crying we got them straight into the room and I got Abi into her pjs and straight into bed she was quite happy by this point as i'd told her as a special treat she could go to bed without a bath and teeth brush!! She settled pretty quickly although had a bit of a moan that there was no microwave to warm her milk!!!! We gave Oliver a quick bath and settled him down - and by 10.30pm they were both sound asleep what stars and slept through till 7.30am!

Monday we all showered and got dressed and had a light breakfast i'd packed cereal bars and bananas and by the time we were ready Danielle rang to say she was almost at travellodge - good timing! We pretty much set off straight away and it was only an hour to travellodge we passed alot of snow about a foot in places where it had drifted!! Wasn't a bad trip and within an hour we were at Center Parcs! We parked cars in carpark and headed off to the center for a swim. Oliver and I didn't swim as my neck still had its dressing on from where I had my central line and Oliver's chest was bad so we sat on side - although i'd put my tankini on was SO hot I stripped Oliver down to just his vest but he kept looking at me like what are you doing to me in here mum!! I gave him his bottle then we watched for a bit and then decided I might as well give him his lunch while we were sat there. Just as I was finishing giving him his pudding they all came back - good timing - we all set off to changing rooms for a shower - even though i hadn't swum I was so hot a sweaty I needed one too got oliver dressed again and he fell asleep on chaning mat bless him! (Will upload a pic of that later not goign to upload photos until we're home as would jsut take too long to upload!!) We then had some lunch once all dressed and Oliver carried on sleeping in pushchair. I wasn't hungry so went off to find out where Abi's tots 2-4yr olds disco was going to be at 3pm that we'd booked for her. No one seemed to know I went from place to place and was getting more and more uptight and stressed so we gave up on it as she was getting ratty and tired anyway and we popped into medical centre with Oliver as his chest was still pretty bad - he was wheezing despite his inhlaors and had a horrific cough. The nurse in there was useless though and despite his sats beign 89% and wheezing away she said he needed his inhlaor - he'd jsut had it and was still wheezy! She said he didn't need to see a dr - i don't know how she can make this decission but we made the decision if he got anyworse we'd find the local hospital as she wasn't going to get as a GP appointment we were not too worried as he was eating and drinking. We then headed to car to wait as the gates would open between 3-3.30pm to let us to the villa :-) We all got in the car and put the dvd on for Abigail and I had a little time on facebook :-)

* Going to have to pause it here as we're nearly home and hopefully it will upload ok and i'll carry on when we're unpacked and settled :-)*

No comments: